Friday, September 19, 2008

Kenny Chesney ~ Swimming With Sharks?!

Now that his summer tour has come to an end for 2008, Kenny Chesney is looking for other ways to get his adrenaline flowing. Kenny tells GAC Nights Live From Nashville that he’d like to swim with sharks! Kenny says “That’d be great. I was watching this thing on TV the other day about how these people would go and get in these cages and swim with sharks. It was like ‘Wow!’ That’d be a rush. You know, I saw that move [The Bucket List]. I don’t want to jump out of an airplane. I don’t like heights. I don’t want to bungee jump, you know? There are other things that’d make you feel alive…So, yeah, one day I’d love to do that. I’d love to swim with sharks. It’d be a big rush for me. To be that close to a great white, it’d be really, really awesome.”

In other Kenny news, you can catch him on the November cover of Caribbean Travel & Life. Noting that the island life has no doubt changed his own pace, Kenny says “The way people live is just different down there. The pace is slower, the vibe is easier. I know why people go down there on vacation and never go home…and the people at Caribbean Travel & Life get that. And they seem to know how to get people who are maybe only visiting – or just sitting in a chair in their office somewhere – to that place in which you can feel the island.”


Even though he’s done with touring for the year, Kenny hasn’t slipped completely out of sight yet. He’ll release his next album, “Lucky Old Sun” on October 14th and appear as the artist with the most nominations at the CMA Awards on November 12th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KENNY THAT IS AWESOME. GONNA HAVE TO GET A COPY OF THE MAGAZINE. I LOOK FORWARD TO THE DAY I CAN GO TO THE ISLANDS AND NEVER RETURN HOME! THAT WILL BE THE BEST! BUT FOR RIGHT NOW IT'S KENNY CONCERTS AND NEW MUSIC FROM THE MAN TO KEEP ME GOIN! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR YOUR FANS KENNY! HOPE YA GET TO SWIM WITH THE SHARKS ONE DAY SOON! BUT PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND DON'T LET THEM EAT YOU! LUV YA, PEG