Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Kellie Pickler Album Cover

Kellie Pickler will be releasing her self-titled sophomore album on September 30th and she just released the album artwork:What do you think? A lot of people are making fun of it...calling it low budget and wondering why her label, BNA Records, would settle for such a cheap looking cover. We don't know, we think it's cute...it's not over-the-top amazing or anything, but it reminds us of 1950's Hollywood glamour...black & white with the hot pink thrown in...very girly, very cute, very Kellie Pickler! We give it a thumbs up Pickles!

7 comments:

Allyrok05 said...

think it looks fairly cheap. But I can see why the label wouldn't want to spend the money on a cd cover since seems so many people these days just go with i-tunes instead of getting a hard copy.

Anonymous said...

I think its cute, like Kelly!
Cant something be simple anymore?
Alot of times simple is better.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree...I mean who really sees album covers anymore...I think she looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The people making fun of this cover don't know what they are talking about.

Most are the same old bashers that complain about everything she does, so who cares?

The key is to stand out on the shelf. Most album covers these days don't.

I can't remember the last time an album cover really caught my eye like this one. I think it's Kellie's amazing eyes. You have to look.

So, if this one is getting response, it's already doing its job better than most album covers, which are just blah.

Anonymous said...

I thought of Marilyn Monroe the minute I saw it, so I guess that your 5o's hollywood glam description was pretty good!

Anonymous said...

I thought Marilyn Monroe too!

jenniferg said...

I'm not crazy about the cover, but I'm looking foward to the album!