Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chris Cagle ~ Good Guy After All

Earlier today, Chris Cagle was cleared of the charges brought against him stemming from a fight with his girlfriend back in May. Both Chris and his girlfriend (ex-girlfriend now?? - we don't know!) were arrested after the late night, drunken altercation in which they used an umbrella and purse as weapons! The Police did not pursue any charges against the chick, and now Chris has been cleared...all's well that ends well!

In other Chris Cagle news, he's excited about giving back for a phenomenal cause,
Give Kids The World. The non-profit group strives to fulfill wishes of terminally ill children all over the world. Chris has just signed on to perform at a benefit concert for the group in mid-August that will take place in Riverside, Sacramento, and Fresno, CA. Chris says "I truly enjoy the opportunity to give something back but what's even more important to me is to be able to offer these children the opportunity to make a wish come true and live their dream, because that's what life is all about -- creating a bright and hopeful future for our children to make it a better tomorrow." Big cheers for Chris...this is a GREAT organization! When I (Erin) worked at Disney World for my college internship, I had the honor of working with this group and their amazing children...I'm so excited to see a country star help them out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh...yeah, not an ex-girlfriend....I verified that from some of my closest Cagleheads who were present at the Myrtle Beach show post-jail stay. I mean, how about that for an awkward conversation????? "Uh, yeah, about last night and those 12 hours that you spent in jail today because I wouldn't leave your house like the police asked and you were requesting quite boisterously but instead I chose for both of us to go to jail...how's bout we just pretend that didn't happen, kiss and make-up?" LOL

Well, I suppose it did provide some press for his CD (of which I did download, legally, the entire thing) My Life is a Country Song.....touche Christopher, touche!

Anonymous said...

I used to volunteer at GKTW years ago at the ice cream parlor caboose and the gingerbread restaurant. Very rewarding. Oh, and I have always loved Chris Cagle's music--just wish he would get his personal act together!