Sunday, July 20, 2008

UPDATE: Jessica Simpson BOO-ed at Country Thunder!!!

Country music fans didn't seem to embrace country HOPEFUL Jessica Simpson last night at Country Thunder in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin. According to this report Simpson was BOO-ed as she took the stage! One country music fan told the local paper, ""She's an embarrassment to country music." Harsh words, but after reading the reviews from last night, it seems as if he spoke for the majority of the crowd.

Last night was Jessica's first attempt at performing a "country" set. She did a few cover songs including "These Boots are Made for Walking" and Shania's "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under."

The fans just didn't seem to feel it, especially when she sang one of her pop songs, "With You." HELLO this is country Miss Simpson!!! Just because the woman puts on some daisy dukes and some cowboy boots (and because she's dating a ("COWBOY") does not make her Country Music material! The fans aren't going to make this easy for her.

ALSO:

Gag. Sorry, that's just our initial reaction. During Jessica's performance at Country Thunder yesterday, she dedicated "You're My Sunday" to boyfriend, Tony Romo, who was in attendance for the performance. While introducing the song, Jessica declared "Tonight, there's this guy here, he throws a football and he's really good at it. He's my better tomorrow and I wrote this song for him." I mean, great for them and all, but really...gag.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I know that I am about to get boo-ed here, but I mean really...how tacky is that? I don't think that anyone should get flat out boo-ed.

Anonymous said...

OMG LOL
LOL
LOL!
HA!

Anonymous said...

Not a Jess fan, but I wouldn't boo the poor girl. And Tony was probably only there because he's from Wisconsin.