Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Country Hoe-Down!

Reality Tv "Star", actress hopeful, ex pop-singer, ex Mrs. Nick Lachey, country hopeful- Jessica Simpson released her very first Country Music video this week. The video for "Come on Over" is already sparking a lot of conversation on the CMT.com Jessica Simpson discussion boards. A few thoughts...

1. We wanted to hate the song, but we don't. It's a good song. There's not really much disputing that. And actually, not only do we not hate it, we kinda like it.


2. Ok so Ms. Simpson (or Daddy Joe Simpson) is trying to sell her sex appeal. We get that, but COME ON- we know she's hot- the whole world knows that... do you have to paste that everywhere? There are children who watch these music videos!
Why take a decent song and ruin it with a video that SCREAMS "I have no talent so I might as well use my hot body to get fans"

3. What's up with the bathroom scene at the end? First she's outside on the phone, then in the kitchen, then a barn, and for all of 5 seconds toward the end of the video, she's randomly in the bathroom wearing what looks like nothing but a man's shirt. What's up with that? More sex appeal I guess! And we're all for sex appeal...but at least show us a little talent first.


4. Just because you throw on some boots, jeans, and sit on a truck or sing in a barn does not mean you are country!!! She shot the video in LA.... so far from country it's not even funny! I don't know...we wanted to like Jessica in Country, but she seems to be trying to make it in Country while still being all Hollywood. One or the other...either you're Country or you're not.

Click here to watch the video over at CMT.com

What do you think???

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You know...I wanted to give Jessica a chance- but I really don't know if I can get past 'everything'. I think I'm going to have to hear more of her before I really make a decision...but right now...I'm not liking her all that much...

Anonymous said...

I do like the song...in spite of myself. I just don't get a sense of sincerity from her that country music is anymore than a gimmick for her career.

Pam said...

I totally agree with the comments above. I like the song, but not sure Jessica will be taken serously in the Country music genre?? We will see, right!

Country Music Is Love said...

jenna ~ We're anxious to hear more of her music too...maybe that will pleasantly surprise us. And her attitude...we'd like to see that improve!

ljtracy ~ THAT'S IT!! Sincerity...she has NONE and this is a business that's based on respect for the legends and love for the fans...don't think she has either.

pam ~ Yes, time will tell for sure...we like the song too, maybe the rest of her stuff will be decent too.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone - I have never been a fan of Jessica, but I secretly did sing along in my car to some of her songs way back when...but, I did feel kind of sorry for her after the whole John Mayer, Tony Romo, picture of Nick Lachey having 'relations' with Vanessa Whatsherface in some outdoor patio type of place where not much was left to the imagination and yet it was very hard to turn the page and made me a fan of Nick's if you know what I mean....so with that long run on sentence, yeah, I felt bad for her and I wanted to keep an open mind - but after reading what ya'll said about the whole CMA fest thing...my mind has shut. She's out. (But, I would not hesitate to take her leftovers when Tony gets tired of Daddy Simpson, I mean her)!! LOL