Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lovin' Life ~ Sammy Hagar

Sammy Hagar isn't your typical country act...in fact, he's not a country act at all...but he's on tour with Kenny Chesney this Summer as part of the Poets & Pirates tour. Kenny and Sammy are good buddies and Kenny wasn't concerned about Sammy not being "country"...he was just concerned about delivering the fans a day of GREAT music, and Sammy certainly fits the bill!! I get to see the show this weekend and I can't wait to see Sammy...I've never seem him live before and even though I love his music, what really draws me to him is his love of life!! Kenny says of Sammy, "he's 60 years old and he's never met a stranger in his life!"...I mean really, what's not to love about that?! And so, from Sammy, you get todays thought of the day...

"I don't care if your dream is to grow a tomato garden or if it is to fall in love and settle down with someone special and have a family, or anything in between the two, you need to have a dream and know you can do it, whatever it is. And when you have that dream come true, hold onto it. Appreciate all you did to get there and just enjoy it. Think of how happy you will be once you achieve your dream. I know. I have been smiling for 30 years." ~ Sammy Hagar

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I just love Sammy - he emanates positive vibes that you can feel all the way out into the audience. Looking forward to hearing what you think about him as a performer - I've seen him numerous times over the last 20 some-odd years (God, am I that old?!) and he has never disappointed me with his great energy! Have a great time!

jstocking21 said...

that's an awesome quote!!